Week 14: Dante - Reading A

This is what I've gathered after reading the first story.

This is beautifully written. The story seems to flow and it's not hard to read at all. Every part moves seamlessly to the next.

The amount of detail he used is incredible. Everything that he describes has an immense amount of detail that immerses you in the story.

He uses phrases like "And he to me" when describing dialogue, and that's an interesting way to do that, and pretty traditional I assume.

When describing Charon, he mentioned that he had "wheels of flame round his eyes" which is a really cool detail to include. Why, I wonder? Is that a historically accurate depiction of Charon or is he making it up as he goes?

Every chapter of the story was beautifully written. I feel that things are only going to get harder for Dante, but I'm excited to see where this goes for the next reading.

Image result for dante's inferno
Gustave Dore

Bibliography:

Dante's Divine Comedy, translated by Tony Kline (2002).

http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/07/myth-folklore-unit-dantes-inferno.html

Comments

Popular Posts