Week 12 Reading: Beowulf - Reading A

This week, we are diving into Beowulf.

After reading the first story, I am getting a very How to Train Your Dragon feel, but if Quentin Tarantino directed it.

I am getting the feeling that Beowulf is the combination of Hercules and Leonidas. Strong and ruthless.

And here we meet our antagonist, so to speak. Grendel. I have a feeling Grendel will be the reason Beowulf goes down in history.

Good for Beowulf dude. I was worried his cry to action wouldn't be well received, but the people embraced them as one of their own, which I think is really cool.

Beowulf is on his way!

And thus, the journey begins. Beowulf is on his way to the king of Daneland he's about to kick some Grendel ass.

The only thing I knew of Beowulf before I read this story is that Beowulf was always very dark and vulgar. So far, this is a very happy story and I am enjoying it.

Beowulf is a bad man and I am looking forward to his battle with Grendel.

Image result for beowulf
Beowulf
Bibliography: 

The Story of Beowulf by Strafford Riggs with illustrations by Henry Pitz (1933).

Comments

Popular Posts