Topic Research: Arthur in Avalon

Hello again!

So Dr. Gibbs gave me a really cool idea about exploring the story of Arthur in Avalon. Basically, King Arthur was immortal and he was placed in a cave or tomb of some sort and is waiting for the right moment to return to the world.

I think this idea is really interesting! The only thing I need to figure out is why he would come back. What is bringing him back to the world? That's what we're going to find out today.

So there is a lot of interesting story behind the painting called "The Last Sleep of Arthur in Avalon," and it's got a lot of mystery to it and it has the potential to have a good story written around it.
Image result for the last sleep of arthur in avalon
The Last Sleep of Arthur in Avalon
Link

I like the idea of writing from the perspective of Arthur and talking about the painting saying something along the lines of ...

"The Last Sleep of Arthur in Avalon. Well, not quite, but the artist's depiction of the moment I went to sleep for 500 years is quite accurate."

Something like that. One section is dedicated to Arthur waking up and reliving the final moments before he went to sleep and why he went to sleep. And the next sections are why he's back. Why he is awake.

One possible story is to write about Excalibur. Maybe the sword has gone missing, or a certain Archaeology professor has stolen it from his tomb and he has to retrieve it. That would be a cool crossover haha!!

Another story could be something about the holy grail. I'm not really sure where that story would go, but I could definitely figure something out and write a good story about the holy grail.

Another story could be that one of Arthur's villains also figured out the key to immortality and has returned to the world to destroy it.

A lot of the pasty projects I've read are more humorous or on the light side. It seems like everything I've come up with is very serious and traditional.

I'll have to think more on this.

Everything I've brainstormed is more or less from my own head, so there are no links to any sources to post.

Until next time.


Comments

Popular Posts