Topic Brainstorm



Hello again!

I decided to read The Cosmic Egg by Shayna Greenburg.

https://sites.google.com/site/thecosmicegg1/

I like the idea of writing a creation story and having possible different explanations for historical events and people. I love the thought of rewriting things that happened in the past so that they happened because someone made them happen.

For instance, in the second transformers movie, the pyramids were tombs, not for pharaohs, but for a weapon made by the transformer race. I like that!!

So I had the idea of writing a story that had other explanations for things that happened in the past. The first thing that came to mind was something along the lines of someone bring democracy to the Athenians as opposed to them figuring it out on their own.

This someone could possibly be one of the Greek gods that people have not heard of, or possibly make a new one. I don't know if I can do that or not, but I think it would be really cool.

I really like the cosmic egg story because it takes the story of creation, which has many alternatives, and puts a spin on it. I really like that!

Second, I had the chance to read Battle of the Heroes. While I liked the story and the idea of it, I don't think it fits into what I will write for my project. I think it's really cool that the author brought together all these heroes from mythology and history and pit them against each other.

I LOVE a good crossover. Don't get me wrong. And I really think a crossover could be something that shows up in my story. But I think the idea of pitting them against one another is a wasted opportunity, no offense to the author.

I really like their escape story and having the heroes working together towards a common goal. If I decide to go this route, this will definitely be something that shows up in my story.

https://sites.google.com/site/battleoftheheroeskb/

I also like the idea of writing a story that kind of follows one Greek hero or god throughout time and where he's been during major events in history. A book series that I've read and am rereading is called The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel. Nicholas Flamel and his wife found the secret to immortality and have been alive since the 1400's or whenever he was alive, and have been guarding the Book of Abraham the Mage all their life. I love this series because a lot of events in history happened because someone was hunting him or trying to kill him. For instance, John Dee, a spy for Queen Elizabeth back in the 1500's, caused the Great Fire in London trying to kill Nicholas Flamel. Stuff like that is super interesting and I would love for my stories to follow that arc. Maybe, it could be Apollo that works his way through history, someone that is already immortal. 


Finally, I think it would be awesome to write about King Arthur. One of the past projects I read told the story from the perspective of Excalibur, but I don't know if I necessarily like that. I've watched several movies about King Arthur and I'm not really sure where my story about him would go, but I like the thought of writing about him. 



Image result for Excalibur

Excalibur, the Sword wielded by King Arthur

Until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts