Reading Notes: Voyages of Sindbad - Reading B

Hello!

It seems as though it is in Sindbad's nature to long for adventure.

Oh lord. That's not good. The sailors chose not to listen to Sindbad, and now they are about to pay for it.

Of all the ways to attack the sailors, it chose to drop large rocks on them. Interesting.

Sindbad is on a piece of driftwood again. Does this make 2 or 3 times?

A man hopped on Sindbad's shoulders and chocked him out with his legs. I have to say, this is the first I heard of it.

When I write my story. I am considering grabbing an idea from the movie 300, and retelling Sindba's adventures from the perspective of someone else. Possibly in a comical way. We will see.

The old "get him drunk to defeat him trick." Good strategy!

HE TORE HIS OWN BEARD

Despite having everything that he worked for, Sindbad is still called to adventure and danger. Because it seems what he truly wants is not something that can ever be obtained or held. It is intangible.

I like how Sindbad makes friends with everyone he meets, They see his treasures, and instead of wanting it for themselves, that just want to know how Sindbad got it and they can't but like him.

Image result for precious gems
Sindbad's Treasure
Link
Again we find Sindbad venturing home, only to return to the sea once more seeking fame and legacy. 

Balsora is a place we see Sindbad come back to many times. It calls to him, apparently.

And now, it seems, Sindbad is a slave of sorts reporting to a master. This position does not suit him at all. 

Sindbad kills elephants now. I don't like that very much, but he's still cool. 

I really enjoyed the stories of Sindbad. It seems as though he was after legacy and for his name to be remembered, rather than the treasures he came across. But he never failed to come across treasure. I hope I can have his luck one day!

Bibliography: 

The Voyages of Sindbad by Andrew Lang


Comments

Popular Posts