Reading Notes: The Voyages of Sindbad - Reading A



Hello!

Sindbad and I share a common mishandling of wealth!

I've seen the Dreamworks movie Sindbad, and they actually get the scene where Sindbad docks on a whale right! They docked on a giant fish and used it as a horse pulling a wagon almost, but it's pretty accurate.

I like Sindbad because he's almost like a likable villain. Very similar to Captain Jack Sparrow. He's a pirate but you can't help but liking him.

I knew that Sindbad would never stay at home. That's not who he is.

"But since wishes could do me no good, I presently took courage and looked about me for a means of escape."

I like that line a lot. It shoes that Sindbad is introspective!

One of the biggest things I like about Sindbad is his craftiness. He doesn't give up and let his bad situation define him. He always figures a way out and always has a strategy.

I also like the fact that Sindbad addresses his audience. Kvothe did the same thing in the Name of the Wind (my favorite book), and I like that. It helps build a relationship with the reader and established a personal, emotional connection.

The creatures that attacked Sindbad ships reminded me of the small people from Moana! THE KAKAMORA! That's what I imagined when they raided Sindbad's ship! I can't find a picture that's labeled for reuse but they are small coconuts with faces.

I love the way Sindbad writes his voyages. It's very different from the other stories we have read. He talks about his emotions and how he is feeling, and the writing isn't hard to read and understand.

I really liked the voyages of Sindbad. I'm not gonna lie. I was pretty rushed getting this done, so as I was reading, I took notes here and there but I really just wanted to get the whole thing read.

I definitely want to incorporate Sindbad into my story this week, if that's what I end up doing. I probably will since I did a story lab two weeks ago and because I've been slacking recently.




Image result for Sinbad movie
Cool Picture I Found of Sindbad
Link

Bibliography:

The Voyages of Sindbad by Andrew Lang
http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/06/myth-folklore-unit-voyages-of-sindbad.html

Comments

Popular Posts