Reading Notes: Ancient Egyptian Myths and Stories - Reading B



Hello!

Okay! So we have a situation here where we have a Hercules like younger brother just trying to do his thing and get some work done and the older brother's wife is causing trouble. This has definitely been seen in literature more than once, and in movies as well, though I cannot recall which ones.

The oxen are standing up for the little brother! That's cool! It's also cool that he can speak to animals! Got some harry potter stuff going on here.

Here, the younger brother calls Ra "Ra-Harmachis." I wonder why that is.

Bata just went on a monologue telling his brother want to do to make repentance, I guess, and it was MAD confusing.

I love that Bata now has his own wife. He deserved it. He is pure of heart.

What the heck is an acacia? We're about to find out.

Image result for acacia
Acacia
There you go. It's a big tree. 

Well, Bata is dead and I'm upset. 

Okay, he's back. I'm happy again. 

YEAH KILL THE KING! 

A bull is seen in many cultures as being royalty, if I'm not mistaken, so it's cool to see that show up here. 

This girl really does not like Bata. That's why she didn't even get a name, because she's rude. That is an interesting thought. I wonder what the ramifications would be if directors or authors didn't give names to characters that they knew the audience wouldn't like. I wonder if that would change anything. 

Good for Bata. He worked hard and became a king. Isn't that what we're all after? Also, good for Anpu for remaining true to his brother. Bata deserved happiness so I'm glad he got it. 

The book of Thoth seems like a tragedy. A young, eager prince sets out to find glory and only comes back disappointed. We'll see.

Well, exactly what I thought was going to happen, happened. Poor Nefer. I liked him. Some what. 

Cut off my head so they won't know it's me....

I like that part of the story because of how different it is. 

What a story. 

Egyptian Myth and Legend by Donald Mackenzie (1907).


Comments

Popular Posts