Feedback Thoughts



Hello again!

I chose Seven Ways to Crush Self-Doubt by John Spencer. You will find the link to this article below. 


I absolutely loved this article. I think everyone who struggles with self-doubt, like myself, should read this article. The idea of abandoning perfectionism because perfection is subjective is really neat. I think the hardest part about self-doubt is putting these principles into practice. You can tell yourself that you are going to stop chasing perfection today and just be who you are all day long, but until you actually do it, it means nothing. I'll probably read this article again on my own time and take down notes for myself to remember. As someone who struggles with self-doubt, this article was really refreshing. 

Secondly, I chose Why rejection hurts so much - and what to do about it by Guy Winch. You will find the link to this article below. 


Okay! A lot to unpack in this article. First, I would like to say that the fact that our brain responds to rejection the same way it does to physical pain is FASCINATING to me. I never would have thought that is the case. This is another article that I will probably go back through and take some notes for myself. I think it's insane how people, including myself, can have their mood dictated by a simple text message or Snapchat or even an Instagram like. All it takes to like an Instagram post is someone double tapping a screen with their finger, and that simple act, can make or break someone's mood. It's a lot to think about and I know for me personally, it's something I have to work on. 

Feedback is a form of respect. It's hard to take sometimes but it just means the person who is giving you that feedback cares enough about you to help you improve. While this is easy to say, it''s hard to put into practice but I'm working on it everyday. 



Image result for happy

OU beat Houston 49-31 :)

Until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts