Storybook Favorites

Storybook 1: Hades's Illiad
Link: Hades's Illiad

My thoughts:

The first thing that grabbed me was the title. The list of storybooks to choose from was very long but this one peaked my interest very quickly. Probably because I like Disney's Hercules a lot and Hades is  one of my favorite characters. Right away, I was impressed with the work this student put into their storybook. Their title page is designed really well and kept my attention upon arriving at their storybook - it made me want to keep reading. While I would have added a few oxford commas here and there, I love the writing. It seems like the author was cognizant of writing in a way that took me to the days of the Greek gods. Overall, I really liked this storybook. The graphics and writing is extremely well done.

Storybook 2: Asking Anubis
Link: Asking Anubis

My thoughts:

When I was growing up, I read the lightning thief series and loved it. And then Rick Riordan wrote the Kane Chronicles, a book series much like the lightning thief series, except it was centered around Egyptian mythology instead of Greek mythology. Unfortunately, he only wrote three books but every book was amazing. I loved it. This is why the second storybook caught my eye. Anubis is a central character in a lot of Egyptian mythology. The introduction COULD NOT be written any better. The first couple of sentences create an atmosphere of existentialism? I don't know the right word, I just know I like it. The actual story is quite different than what I expected after reading the first couple of sentences. I was expecting an epic almost, about Anubis and his gallant adventures, but I was surprised to find that was not the case. The writing is a lot different from the first storybook but that definitely does not mean it's bad. I think it was great and I loved it.

Storybook 3: Death's Final Story
Link: Death's Final Story

My thoughts:

This particular title caught my eye because of its ambiguity. Death's Final Story. Death, much like Thanos, is inevitable and forever. So how can he (she?) have a final story. It doesn't make sense. So I decided to do a little research. The writing of the introduction mixed with the graphic displayed on the page puts you into a mood that makes you question your place in the universe and I love that. That picture can be seen below. The author of this particular story chose an excellent picture to pair with their introduction. I quite like the story this student has written. It can be a little hard to follow at times, and require a few rereads, but I can tell there are some underlying aspects of the story that go unnoticed or unappreciated, and I want that writer to know that I noticed and appreciated them.

Death's Final Story Introduction Graphic
Link can be found above

Comments

Popular Posts