Favorite Place




While my favorite place may be "basic", it has a lot of meaning to me.

It is of course, Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium. Saturdays in Norman are spent at Owen Field because the Sooners are getting ready to get another win, and one game closer to winning the National Championship.

Growing up in Norman, the football stadium was the Colosseum. A place filled with rich history and tradition and loud crowds, and energy. I have the opportunity to be on the field every home game and trust me when I tell you, there's no other feeling like it. When you walk out of that tunnel and look out and see 80,000 people, an ocean stained crimson and cream, it's a thing of beauty.

This is far and away my favorite place.

Image result for Oklahoma football stadium

                                          Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium

                                                                           Link

Comments

  1. What a great picture that gives a sense of the sheer COLOSSAL quality of our own Colosseum, Rhett: very cool! And I am sure there will be some football-inspired stories in the class this Fall... my favorites are the ones that involve Bevo as some kind of supernatural beast that must be defeated by Oklahoma's champions! Maybe you will be inspired to try writing a football legend this semester too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm being honest, I did not consider this. But you have inspired me. An OU football inspired story is on it's way. Thank you for the great idea!!

      Delete
  2. Hey! What a cool picture for this post! I was surprised at first to see that this is your favorite place, but now, since football season has started again and I have come to love the sport even more, I can see why it has such meaning to you and why you admire it so much. Hopefully we continue on with our winning streak! BOOMER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhett! I love Owen Field. I can't wait to be back out there this Saturday with you! There is nothing like it. The guns and the noise is just awesome. I think my favorite part is pregame, but it may be when we do OU chants! Also...... you are also being a bit modest.... there are 86,112 people in the stadium;) Boomer Sooner!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts